Bakersfield Flood Cleanup & Preparation Tips
Bakersfield homes aren’t always in need of flood cleanup services, but when they are, Alert Disaster Restoration is ready to help fix the problem as soon as possible. Indoor flooding is quite apparent most of the time, what may not be as apparent though, are the dangers that are associated with flood damage. Alert Disaster is available 24/7 to handle any flood cleanup you might need, and, with that being said, we want you to be prepared safe if a flood does occur in your home.
Bakersfield Flood Cleanup Tips
- The first thing you can do to prepare your home for a flood is to install a sump pump if you do not already have one. If you do have one, be sure that it is working and has back-up power in case of power outages. Sump pumps literally pump water away from your foundation and to a draining area, and prevent sublevel water from flooding into your basement.
- Another way to prepare for flooding is to install backflow valves or plugs to prevent flood waters from coming in through drains, toilets, or other sewer connections.
- Make sure you know where your water main line is, and how to shut it off. If water is flooding into your home from an appliance or pipe, you can greatly reduce the damage done to your home by stopping the flow of water as soon as possible.
- To keep you and your home safe when a flood does occur, be sure to turn off electrical power when there is standing floodwater. Water and electricity can result in electrocution. While you are at it, it is also safe practice to turn off the gas line if and when flooding does occur.
- Flood water is considered contaminated so it is important to avoid any and all contact with floodwater. Flood water can contain human and livestock waste, chemicals, hazardous waste, carcinogenic compounds, and physical debris just to name a few. Stay safe by staying away from flooded water.
- Limit exposure to flooded areas to keep yourself safe from mold inhalation. Mold often accompanies flooding, and thrives when water is present. Mold reproduces and spreads through microscopic spores that travel through the air. This means that when you are around flood damage, you are probably being exposed to mold which can cause an array of respiratory symptoms like shortness of breath, cough, headaches, and congestion.
- The best way to keep yourself safe from flood water, and provide the best cleanup results for your home, call the flood cleanup experts. We are staffed, trained, and prepared with the necessary equipment to handle every stage of flood damage cleanup and restoration. As a full-service contractor, we are able to repair any damages your home may receive as a result of flooding. Our flood cleanup includes water extraction, decontamination, dehumidification, structural dry-outs, air purification, deodorizing, and reconstruction when needed.
Alert Disaster in Bakersfield invests in flood cleanup training, equipment, and technology so we can provide the level of service you deserve. Be safe from flooding and prepared for flood cleanup by adding Alert Disasters to your contact list so you can call us right away.