Alert Disaster Restoration’s owner, Debra Watkins, was interviewed on Kero Bakersfield (23 ABC) recently to talk about?fire chasers. Sadly, there are scammers out there hoping to make a buck from your disaster. This has become a growing trend and you need to be aware of it. The fire chasers will manipulate and harass the homeowner into signing an unethical contract without understanding what the home repairs will cost and the bill can cost the homeowner thousands of dollars.
Alert Disaster Restoration strongly advises to never sign a contract without following our tips for finding a good restoration contractor.
1) Consult your insurance company for their recommended contractors.
2) Get recommendations from family and friends.
3) Shop around to make sure you are getting the best value for your dollar.
4) Ask important questions in a phone interview:
5) Pick at least three contractors to meet in person.
6) Check in with your state’s consumer protection agency and your local Better Business Bureau to make sure contractors don’t have a history of disputes with clients or subcontractors.
7) Ask each contractor to break down the cost of materials, labor, profit margins and other expenses and send you the bid.
Alert Disaster Restoration is here for all your restoration needs. Alert is a full restoration service provider. Our goal is to provide the most hassle-free service available to you. We even act as liaison between you and the insurance company to ensure a swift, quality restoration. Give us a call at 1 (877) 435-8117.