5 Steps To Take After Frozen Pipes Cause Water Damage To Your Bakersfield Property
Every year, insurance companies like State Farm report a tremendous amount of water damage from frozen pipes. This kind of damage is preventable, yes, but preventative measures only help before a pipe actually bursts. If a frozen pipe has already caused water damage in your home or business, you need to know the next steps to take.
Like any type of property water damage, indoor water caused by frozen pipe bursts will quickly lead to mold growth if it is not handled immediately. To keep the damage from spreading, it is imperative that you contact a water damage restoration company like Alert Disaster in Bakersfield for help right away.
5 Steps To Take After Frozen Pipes Burst In Your Bakersfield Property
- Stop The Source Of The WaterThe main water valve needs to be shut off immediately or the water will keep flowing. Turn off the water valve and the electricity if necessary.
- Call A Professional Water Damage Cleanup CompanyProfessional water damage cleanup companies like Alert Disaster in Bakersfield are available 24 hours a day. If a pipe breaks in the middle of the night, water removal experts will respond to your call to extract the water and dry the affected hours to alleviate the damage and to keep it from spreading. Don’t let the water sit.
- DocumentationDocument the damage before you start the cleanup process. Without documentation and proof of the damage and damaged items, you may not get as much out of your homeowner’s insurance. Take photos and make lists of damaged items and the damage to the property.
- Start Removing Water And ItemsIf it is safe, you can start using towels and buckets to remove the water. If the water is a threat to furniture and other personal items that you can move, start moving them to a dry area where they won’t be affected.
- Listen To The ProfessionalsWater damage restoration experts have experience in dealing with all types of water damage issues from frozen and burst pipes. If you have questions, ask. If you don’t understand why the specialists are doing something, ask. Water damage cleanup is a demanding and tedious job and teams like ours at Alert Disaster are trained and highly skilled in cleaning and restoring water damage to homes and businesses in Bakersfield and the surrounding areas. Trust that the professionals know what they are doing and let them get the job done.
Water Damage Restoration Experts In Bakersfield
Alert Disaster Restoration has been serving the Bakersfield community (and surrounding areas) for a long time. We know how water affects our area, different building materials, carpeting, flooring and more. We also know how to best restore properties after water from frozen pipes has caused minor and major water damage.
Remember, where there is water damage, there is likely mold damage. Alert Disaster is experienced in cleaning and restoring both types of damage and is a trusted option of help in our community.